Let's End Suicide
Helping Empower adolescents reject thoughts of suicide
Educate adolescents and parents about suicide
prevention to empower them to use their voice to save a life.
Classmates Recognizing Everyone's Worth
The CREW is a 17-20 week after school program designed to bring suicide awareness into middle school populations
EXPLORE THE FACTS
In 2019, suicide was the 9th leading cause of death in Kansas.
In Kansas, males are more likely to take their own lives than females.
On average, there are 132 suicides per day.
What to Look for
Changing behavior, such as:
- Making a plan or researching ways to die
- Withdrawing from friends, saying good bye, giving away important items, or making a will
- Taking dangerous risks such as driving extremely fast
- Displaying extreme mood swings
- Eating or sleeping more or less
- Using drugs or alcohol more often
- Empty, hopeless, trapped, or having no reason to live
- Extremely sad, more anxious, agitated, or full of rage
- Unbearable emotional or physical pain